So Caleb and I first priced out the split queen box springs and realized it would cost around $300. I don't think so. We figured what have we got to lose by cutting and folding the box spring? If it breaks, we buy the split queens. If we don't try it, we are still buying the split queens. But - if it works, then that's $300 we don't have to spend. :)So Caleb carefully pulled out the staples to remove the material and then cut the box spring on the wooden side. We realized that with the wooden slats cut, the metal wires were bending pretty easily. So we stood the box spring in the stairway and bent it about 20°......still wasn't going to fit. Bummer.
Caleb and I spent the next couple weeks in the guest room in a full size bed next to a window with a horrible draft. Then we decided to revisit the sad box spring that was taking over our office. But this time we were going to fold it completely in half and tie it with a jump rope to keep it together. Believe it or now, it actually worked! And once we got it upstairs, the box spring unfolded easily and looked like new! Caleb just re-braced the wood along the cuts and stapled the material back. :)
:) this makes me smile. i'm glad you documented this.
ReplyDeleteOh yea! I'm so glad you found my blog, and that now I can follow yours! Yea! It looks like you guys are doing wonderful, I am so, so very happy for you Lindsey. And you live in Colorado! I think I might be just a little jealous. :) I can't wait to keep updated on your sweet life through your cute blog!
ReplyDeleteGirlfriend! You two are PRECIOUS! I love this story, smiled all the way through it. I had to laugh because our first furntiure came from K-MART and we put it ALL together ourselves. These are memories you will treasure forever. You've got you a good, good man.
ReplyDelete