Monday, March 9, 2009

Arches!

A week ago we were blessed to have my wonderful parents visit us! We had such a fantastic time showing them around Grand Junction and using their expertise in home improvement and decorating projects! Caleb and my dad installed a few fixtures around the house while my mom and I moved furniture and hung a few pictures. I took plenty of notes on all of her ideas! She is so talented!

We also took a wonderful trip to Arches National Park in Moab, UT, which contains the world's largest concentration of natural stone arches. It was less than two hours from our house, and the weather was gorgeous! We did a few small hikes to some awesome view points, and then we drove out to the Devil's Garden trail head. The hike was a relaxing 8-mile loop with breathtaking views, but there were a few technical spots where we were walking on narrow ledges overlooking the valleys or climbing up massive rocks.

We truly enjoyed spending precious time with our family and just being outside in God's creation. He has blessed us immensely!

... Great and marvelous are your works,O Lord God, the Almighty ...Rev. 15:3



2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL. So glad to hear stories about CO. I'm visiting Karen right now -- she's sleeping, but I'll say hi when she wakes up! (Scott says hello too!)

    ReplyDelete