
We can all agree that yes, weight is very important backpacking, but there are just some things we can’t live without at 11,000 feet. Yes, it’s nice to have a glass of wine and gourmet meal, but I could still have a wonderful trip alcohol-free and loaded with high-sodium dehydrated meals, which do actually taste pretty darn good. But coffee, not a chance. The one trip Caleb and I took with Folgers Singles…they look like tea bags for steeping coffee….it just wasn’t the same, and I can still look back thinking something was missing.
When I saw these Starbucks VIA packets, it looked too good to be true. Light weight AND good tasting? I was a little hesitant at first, thinking nothing could beat the French Press. After all, the extra weight of carrying the French press and coffee grounds has always been a sacrifice I’m willing to make for good coffee. But, I’m not gonna lie….this stuff is pretty amazing. I have a few packets I got free at Starbucks. We are out of coffee at the office, so I heated up some water, added my VIA, and voilà!
I’ve had two cups already this morning. I’m probably high on caffeine, but it’s oh so worth it. I’m already looking to our next backpacking trip where we can enjoy fantastic rich smooth Starbucks coffee, yet spare our poor backs and legs a few extra pounds. It’s a miracle.
Love y’all!
No comments:
Post a Comment