Thursday, May 20, 2010

living in a hotel

My weekend in San Antonio was wonderful. My parents and I stayed up talking until 3 am the night I arrived. Thursday my mom and I met a great friend of mine from high school, Colten, and his mom and girlfriend for lunch. We then did some mother-daughter shopping, and I found TWO pairs of awesome jeans on sale at Anthropologie....LOVE that store! :) Afterwards, the family met at my brother's house, and we enjoyed a wonderful evening of pizza, wine, and talking. :) Friday we slept in and then went to the lake to spend the second half of the day with my grandparents. It was soooo good to see them as well as my cousin Clayton. Saturday we met my friend Ashley for lunch and then did some shoe-shopping....got TWO pairs, visited my aunt, uncle, and cousin with her new baby, visited Marie and Nina, and then had dinner at my parents with my brother and Britteny. Sunday we went to lunch with more family so that I could give my cousin Jordan one last hug before she moves to Italy for three years!

My good buddy: Colten

I miss and love these two sooooo much.

I returned Monday afternoon missing family but realizing I had so much to do. We packed all day, and the movers arrived Tuesday at 8 am. They stayed until 6 pm that night filling boxes, wrapping pictures, and loading furniture. They finished loading the truck Wednesday at 11 am, and then I spent the remainder of the day cleaning the house. We said our last goodbyes, reminisced over great memories, and visualized our first days in that home. We are sad to leave, but so excited for the new house.

There goes all our stuff!

So, we have moved into our new home for the next 2.5 weeks: The Residence Inn. :) I barely slept in today, even though I had every intention to...thanks Bella. I have to cancel cable, set up a PO Box, and shop for sound-cancelling head phones......oh that's right, I fly to Dickinson, ND tonight. I have an interview for the Assistant Director of Alumni and Donor Relations at Dickinson State University. :) Truly by the grace of God I was able to apply and even receive an interview. I arrive at 10 pm tonight, and then begin my 5 hour itinerary first thing in the morning. The job sounds so wonderful, exciting, different, AHHHH! I am so nervous!

Prayers appreciate. :) I'll keep you posted. Love y'all!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a wonderful time in San Antonio and I am so glad we got to see you before your big move. I promise to let you know if we are ever in the area. I love you and will be praying for your interview.

    ReplyDelete