Thursday, August 19, 2010

homeowners again!

So we checked out of the hotel, spent a fabulous weekend with both of our families, and arrived back in Dickinson Tuesday afternoon with enough time to close on the house. There are still a few things that the builder needs to finish up, but regardless, we are sleeping in our new house on an air mattress. :) One night I was lying in bed, listening to the music that plays throughout the entire house, and looking at every detail we chose....door style, wall color, counters, cabinets, trim, etc.....and I told Caleb, "I feel soooo blessed." Don't really know another way to describe it, just completely blessed and thankful. All of the stress, tears, excitement, anxiety, and lack of patience can finally move out because we have moved in! :)

Back to the weekend....we soaked up every minute we had with family. Thursday, Papa Jerry and Norma picked us up from the airport and had a break"feast" waiting for us at their house. I took a small nap, and then we looked throughout their museum of a house all afternoon. They have dollar bills from the 1800s, coin collections, hand-embroidered linens (which Norma was so gracious to give me), and so many other beautiful items. We had dinner with James and Donna that evening at a delicious Latin American restaurant. Caleb and I miss them so much and love all of our conversations. We spent Friday with Papa Ray and Mimi, preparing food for that evening, antique shopping (got my hands on a blue iridescent Ball jar!), and looking through Mimi's quilts. The rest of the family came over and I was able to show our Alaska slideshow.

Saturday morning we left for Lake LBJ. The weather was perfect and it was amazing to see family that I hadn't seen in years. Caleb could finally meet two more of my cousins, Tyler and Kristy and Kristy's two little sons. We spent hours in the sun, skiing, boarding, talking, and laughing. Saturday night my grandmother generously treated the family to a wonderful dinner at a nearby vineyard. I ate duck enchiladas with a dark chocolate sauce....one of the best meals I have ever eaten! Sunday was another wonderful day that led up to the intimate memorial service we had for my grandfather. All 17 of us piled on a pontoon boat with "grandpa's music" playing and we headed out to a remote spot. We said a few words, admired the sunset, and spread grandpa's ashes in the lake. So many tears and sadness, but also a celebration of his life and peace knowing he is with the Lord. We stayed out for a nighttime boat ride and danced in the boat to oldies music. :)

Goodbyes were especially hard this trip. We know we aren't living out of Texas forever and trust we are exactly where God wants us to be. We love our family so much and are overwhelmed with the love, support, and prayers they continue to provide. Caleb's family is coming up in October and mine soon after, and then we will be heading back to Texas for Christmas. :)

Just wanted to finish up with a few pics from the weekend. Wish I could have taken more. :)

the lake house....years of memories here :)

glad to be back on the lake with my man

enjoying the good water

cousins..minus Britteny and Kathryn

my sweet sweet grandma

Movers came this past weekend, so I'm super busy unpacking unpacking unpacking! Love y'all!

1 comment:

  1. You and Caleb are such an attractive couple. And I really want to host a breakFEAST party now. Maybe as a holiday party ...

    ReplyDelete