Sunday, September 12, 2010

ramblings

Caleb left this morning for Denver, so it's just Bella and me until Thursday afternoon.

I have three pieces of furniture to refinish, but I'm not sure how or where to start.

I finished one pillow for my "new" couch and two more to go. The 20 yards of white denim arrived, so my goal is to finish the slipcover before Caleb returns.

I cannot wait to organize my fabrics in my display case. I might do that within the next few days.

I have a floor lamp to spray paint, but I'm not sure on the color yet.

Bella is sleeping by my feet in the small patch of sun peaking through the window. She is exhausted after having her friend Rufus over last night.

It is perfectly beautiful today. Blue clear skies, temps in the high 60s, light breeze.

We haven't used the A/C for two weeks.

My friend Ruth came with me to church today. Afterwards we came back to my house and grilled chicken and made a yummy salad. We also had a warm lemon and honey drink.

We worked on the fence yesterday and actually got a lot finished. Sprinkler system and patio should be installed this week, so sod next weekend. :)

We got our new mattresses Friday and have had the best two nights of sleep since then.

There are bees everywhere. No nests. Just bees...and wasps. I was told by a local that they come out at this time of year. Interesting.

I got a job. The drug test required taking 120 strands of hair from my head. I'm a little upset about that. I can't disclose the company yet but I will as soon as I can. I have a tentative start date for Sept. 27. I'm really excited to get back to work.

My mom comes in 1.5 weeks. I am really excited about that, too.

That's all for now. Guess I'll finish up the dishes and get my craft on.

Hope you're Sunday is as beautiful and refreshing as mine. Love y'all. :)

1 comment:

  1. lindsey! i just love your blog. and had to tell you that your picture up at the top looks like y'all are photoshopped in...that is AMAZING! i want to frame it :)

    ReplyDelete