Friday morning, Caleb, Bella, and I traveled to Moab, UT. It has always been one of Caleb's dreams to mountain bike Slickrock, a very famous trail that is solid rock. We rode about 12 miles. It was straight down, then straight back up, then back down, then....well, you get the picture. By the end of the ride, I could hardly feel my legs. I had no "juice" left to peddle up the hills, yet walking was even harder! The views were absolutely stunning, though, and I really just enjoyed being out there with Caleb. He is the most encouraging, positive, hottest, mountain-biking man I know! And I am so thankful for him!! We ended the evening with a nice Italian dinner at a local restaurant, and I crashed immediately at the hotel. :)
Saturday morning we went on another trail, but I could barely ride. My butt was so sore, I couldn't sit on the seat :) and my legs were still pathetic. I didn't want to cut Caleb's ride short, so after a couple miles in, we hid my bike. Caleb rode another hour or so while I did a trail-run. So much better!! Afterwards, we ate lunch, picked up our sweet 13 wk-old Bella, and took her on her first hike. She was amazing! Leaping off the rocks, sprinting ahead, then turning around to race back to us! You could tell she was so excited to be out there! We were impressed at how well she stayed on the trail and never ran too far ahead. It was also her first introduction to water...which was ice-cold...literally, ice in the water. After a placing a paw in the water a few times, she finally gained the courage to walk and jump in it. She's still a little unsure, but we think it was due to the temperature. :)
Drove back to Grand Junction Saturday evening, church Sunday morning, then relaxing and Christmas decorating that afternoon. I love four-day weekends. :)
This weekend will be pretty busy. We have Caleb's work Christmas party Friday evening, so I've managed to schedule dress alterations and a hair appointment this week. Then we have another party on Saturday evening. We also plan on finding time in the afternoons to cut down a Christmas tree on the Mesa, BMX riding for Caleb, and then I'm giving my testimony at both services of church Sunday morning. :) I also have many Christmas presents to sew as well as my quilting homework!! (By the way, I got a new sewing machine to replace my '70s Singer, and it's AMAZING!!)
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and found time to put up the Christmas decorations! I've been listening to two Christmas CDs so far: Faith Hill "Joy to the World" and Casting Crowns "Peace on Earth". Both are wonderful!! Love y'all!!






Well y'all are just the cutest things ever! The views are stunning and seem worth it... although I am very familiar with the leg jigling/butt sore feeling you speak of. It made me smile to hear you talk about Caleb mountain biking... I feel the same way about my man! Isn't it wonderful being encouraged by them when they make it look so dang easy?! We seriously need to do a 4 man ride together.
ReplyDeleteOoooh, so we're almost about to book honeymoon, and we're going mountain biking through the jungle/rainforest one day! How fantastically us, right?!
Tell you precious pup and Caleb hi for me!