We have been out of town 5 weekends in a row. The house is a wreck...I'm so embarrassed. It's unorganized; we have a volcano of clean laundry on our bedroom floor that needs folding. And I want to get started on a few gifts that will have a deadline because I really do love sewing. BUT, it's ski season. Free place to stay outside of Vail, only 2.5 hour drive, and some of the best time with my husband. Who knows how long we'll be Colorado residents? So I'm torn. To ski or not so ski?
Most people would think I'm nuts to choose cleaning over skiing. But the past two weeks have been busy during the week as well, so we haven't made any progress on the "life" duties. Here's the struggle: Colorado is ridiculously awesome...each season of the year, there is so much to do...the weather is awesome...the mountains are even better...it's a playground. So on vacation, it's perfect. But living here is totally different. We have "life" duties....cleaning, remembering birthdays, anniversaries, etc., dinner parties, bible studies, decorating (sorry, I can't live in an un-homey home), blah blah blah. So when Caleb wants to "play" each weekend, I get a little overwhelmed when the "life" duties get backed up.
So, do I stay home and work on the "life" (I guess, "wife") duties? Or do I ski all weekend and come home to our crazy house Sunday night only to start off the week overwhelmed again?
I think I've answered my question. Thanks for listening. :)
I've been SO BAD at checking blogs lately and just jumped on yours for the first time this whole month! Aaaaah! First off, don't be stressed about making me a baby quilt. I'll just let him or her sleep on my apron! Good enough!
ReplyDeleteAbout play or work, IT's ALWAYS GOOD TO PLAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!! But I can't stand a messy house either.
And yes! Spending time with you guys was the BEST way for us to end 2009 as well! We still watch the grape video and laugh ourselves to death.
We love y'all,
Gina
i've got it! do a 20 minute speed clean everyday, then go play on the weekend! it'll never ALL be done....will it? these are the things i'll soon be up against :) love hearing about colorado, hopefully we will move there in a few years....
ReplyDeleteOoo, I really feel much better after a good cleaning/organizing too, and yes, they are wife (not husband) duties for the most part bc we notice it. But one day you will probably have a little one who keeps you at home every evening after 7:30 or 8, and you will have enough time to do wife stuff, and you will want to run out and ski and play. Clean one room and then, if you can put it out of your mind, go PLAY!
ReplyDelete