It's a beautiful Friday. :) The sun is out shining with a high of a whopping 70 today. Wonderful. I couldn't sleep at all last night. Mind wandering about things I should do to the house to make it more "sellable", what life will be like in North Dakota, planning our trip to Alaska, on and on and on. I told Caleb that if speakers were hooked up to the voices inside my head, he would tell me to turn it off or hit mute. Even I was annoyed. It was like being inside a subway terminal with people walking different directions, talking on their cell phones or to each other, random thoughts going through each person's mind. Or like a crazy intersection in NYC. That was my mind last night. So I woke up with Caleb this morning, not feeling rested, but totally ready for the day. I feel like a real adult since I'm waking up at 6:30 when I really don't have to. :) I made my coffee this morning, checked email, had a surprise phone conversation with my Aunt, downloaded an album on iTunes (The Temper Trap - Conditions....I TOTALLY recommend this one!), and took a wonderful long shower....you know, the selfish ones where you use up all the hot water, shave, and pull out the scrubs you never use. I used my new Bath & Body Works Fig scrub, and MMMmmm! I smell so yummy. Our house needs a little curb appeal. Caleb and I desperately tried to pick out a bunch of perennials last night at Lowe's. We bought some but neither of us have the slightest idea about designing flower beds. I want some color and cheerfulness without the corny-I'm-trying-to-be-a-gardener-but-failing-horribly look. :) I'm going to the nursery this morning to talk to the experts about plants. Wish me luck. Then I might head to Hobby Lobby to see if there are any spring-y decorations for the house. I also need some cheap fabric to make a few curtains for our kitchen windows. I also bought a $20 coffee table last weekend and the paint to spruce it up. I should probably work on that today. And hopefully I can squeeze in a trail run with Bella since the snow has finally melted and the trails are dry. It's going to be a great day. I just might get a Starbucks, too. :)
Do not fear, for you will not be ashamed; neither be disgraced, for you will not be put to shame; for you will forget the shame of your youth, and will not remember the reproach of your widowhood anymore. For your Maker is your husband, the Lord of hosts is his name; and your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel. I have blotted out, like a thick cloud, your transgressions, and like a cloud, your sins. Return to Me, for I have redeemed you. With the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.
Their Redeemer is strong; the Lord of hosts is His name. He will thoroughly plead their case. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand.
Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.
Praise the Lord. Love y'all.
L, you should do consulting for people who are staging a house. Or decorating boot camp for confused aspiring homemakers.
ReplyDeleteI love that you are reading the Word!!! Sounds like you are having the best days as of late... good for you, I know it's been a dream of yours and I'm glad you're enjoying it! We love y'all.
ReplyDelete