Tuesday, March 6, 2012

repurposed filing cabinet

My parents gave us an old filing cabinet that was tan, scratched, and boring. I had seen a few pictures on Pinterest of repurposed filing cabinets and new instantly that we could do the same. My sewing room is the one place in the house where I use brighter colors and patterns. I would love to eventually bring this throughout our house, but everything else is fairly calm, rustic, Pottery Barn-ish, etc.

So rather than repainting the cabinet cream, tan, or brown, I opted for a slate blue spray paint since we were going to place the cabinet in my sewing room. My sweet husband did the painting to protect baby Norah from the fumes. Then yesterday morning I had my first experience with Mod Podge and covered the front of the drawers with fabric I already had in my stash.

The result....


Caleb and I LOVE it! Filing and organizing will be much more enjoyable now! :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow-very nice! You must really have some time on your hands:) Glad you can get some of this done before Norah!

    ReplyDelete