Thursday, December 27, 2012

Norah's first Christmas - Part 2

We just spent four wonderful days in Aledo with Caleb's family. We finally visited the Fort Worth Zoo and it was amazing. I forgot how beautiful exotic animals are, especially in person. The best part was hearing the lion roar. Not sure how to describe it, but I got a little teary hearing him. I think I was overcome by the power and beauty of God's work...similar to how I feel with the mountains and sunsets. The lion's roar was so strong it moved through me.

Anyway, we woke up Christmas morning with childlike excitement. Norah loved the tissue paper and naturally wanted to put it in her mouth. She was given a Little Tikes play set, adorable bows and an ornament, pjs, toys, and a sweet bracelet that her Nonnie (Caleb's mom) wore as a baby.

A sweet surprise was the snow that fell in Fort Worth. The snow flakes were huge and it was even enough to stick to the ground for the remainder of the day.

The house was filled with lots of family and a large turkey dinner. Unfortunately Norah began another teething spurt that day...which we weren't sure what it was at the time. She was pretty fussy and irritated all day....and the next few after. Norah had her first minor fever (right at 100.3) that night, pretty much wanted to sleep all day, and woke every few hours at night. Poor girl.

Overall though it was a wonderful few days in Aledo. We loved spending such sweet time with family.











No comments:

Post a Comment