Friday, June 18, 2010

grandpa


Last night my grandfather passed away. I loved him so much, and my heart is aching right now for my grandma and mom especially. We have peace that we will see him again. Our life on earth is so short compared to eternal life. My grandpa was 79 and just celebrated his 59th anniversary with my grandma. He loved his family and his dogs, and he knew the Lord and prayed. My memories on Lake LBJ will always include Grandpa. Memorial Day and 4th of July are holidays created for lake people like us. Gordon (or "Gordy" if we were giving him a hard time) made the best Bloody Mary's, called me Klutzky Lindsey every time I spilled milk (which always made me cry), drove his golf cart everywhere, and had the biggest most sensitive heart. My grandpa was a hard hard worker and a well-respected man.

This is not an easy time, but I know the Lord will slowly heal our hearts. Looks like I will be flying down in the next couple of days to spend time with my family. Love y'all.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that, Lindsey! :o( My grandpa passed away almost two years ago and it was the hardest time for all of us! I understand what you're going through and will be praying for you and your fam! Enjoy the time with your family, though... It is nice to be around everyone and share all the memories! It sounds like y'all have many great ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have fond memories of your Grandpa, what a sweet man. You and your family are in our prayers. We Love you all and miss you so much! Give your family hugs and kisses from us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear this. We love you and your family and will definitely be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsey,our prayers are with your mom and dad who were so wonderful to your grandparents and to you and Chris who were such beloved grandkids. Hope to see you soon.
    Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete