We have now been in North Dakota for almost four weeks. Hotel life isn't as bad as I thought, possibly because this room is huge! I have cooked a few meals on the hot plate, and I'm going to make a better effort to make dinner more often. Eating out for 7-12 meals/week can sure add a few pounds. :) We have traveled east to Bismarck and west to Medora, North Dakota's #1 Vacation Spot (that's what the billboard said). :) Bismarck has the basic chain stores, Kohl's, Target, Petsmart, TJMaxx, quilting shops, etc.....and these are exciting to me! Gone are the days of Banana Republic, J. Crew, Anthropologie, and Dillards. :) Medora is a super cute cowboy town and home to Theodore Roosevelt National Park. We ate a burger, drove through the park, snapped some pics of buffalo and wild horses, and then finished with homemade fudge and ice cream. We also found a home church! Evangelical Bible Church is a cute, un-air conditioned church with a great worship team and super friendly pastor. We are looking forward to God's plan for our role in this place.
beautiful sunset coming back from Bismarck
wild horses in Theodore Roosevelt National Park
Today? Well, the house is almost finished being framed, so I'm off to Bismarck to pick out spindles and a railing, a fireplace, stone for the outside of the house, roof shingles, faucets, garage doors, cabinets, and some light fixtures. Woohoo! I have so many ideas for this house, but it's our daily reminder that we will only be here a few years and that we are also 25 and not retirees. :) So it's a balance of making it a house we will love and also making smart decisions for resale.
And Friday.....as in 2 AM Friday morning, we are driving to the Bismarck airport for our 5:15 AM flight to ALASKA! We are stoked for this RV-road-trippin', halibut-hookin', salmon-fightin', glacier-climbin', sight-seein' vacation!!!!! WHOOP!
Love y'all!
No comments:
Post a Comment